Sefton CVS provides support and assistance to build the structures, systems, people and skills of voluntary community and faith organisations so that they are better able to become more efficient, effective and sustainable.
Whether it is a group of local people thinking about starting up a group or charity, or more established organisations, small medium or large, well established or wanting to grow, Sefton CVS will tailor its support services to meet community need and aspirations.
Our services include:
- Setting up new groups
- Organisation development support
- Governance development
- Registration of charity and/or company/Community Interest Company (CIC)
- Establishing policy and procedures
- Funding, sustainability and generating income
- Merseyside Funding Information Portal- gateway to funds
- Being prepared for tendering, procurement and commissioning
- Training and Development
- CRB Service and safeguarding support
- Legal and compliance requirements
- Community accounting services
- Planning, researching and evidencing need
- Developing business plans
- Measuring impact and success
- Introducing quality assurance systems
- Good practice information and fact sheets
- Recruiting staff and volunteers
- Developing consortiums and partnership
- Helping groups to be governed and managed well, clear about their direction and goals, who they intend to work and do, and what they want to achieve, is the corner stone of our support and development services.
Support can be provided through one to one support, in groups, by telephone, on line, telephone and in person either in our offices or in the community. CVS also organises regular briefings, network and forum meetings, events and conferences too.
Our services are open to all voluntary community and faith organisations, charities and social enterprises in Sefton. You are encouraged to be a member of Sefton CVS. The majority of our services are free to groups in Sefton.
If you are thinking about a bespoke piece of work or hiring a consultant, why not ask us at Sefton CVS to quote through our CVS approved Community Associates, who will provide a tailor made support package at an affordable and reasonable charge. Services include bid writing, evaluation and impact reports, research and consultation, managing change and business modelling. A separate section on consultancy services will appear shortly.