Veterans in Sefton CIO (ViS), previously known as the Veterans in Sefton project, provides a comprehensive information, advice and guidance service for Veterans in the Sefton (and greater) area including a unique holistic support programme.
As a charity, we provide the emotional scaffolding to help raise self-esteem, build confidence and improve mental wellbeing for all members of the Sefton Armed Forces Community, (veterans, serving personnel and their families). We do this with the help of a number of other bodies including:
- Brunswick Youth Centre (where the main NAAFI break and head office is located)
- The Sovini Group (One Vision Housing)
- NHS South Sefton.
- Foot in the Door Films
Any member of the Armed Forces Community in Sefton can get advice on a range of issues, including support accessing housing advice, employment advice, advice on health-related issues, family support, and general welfare advice. Anyone can also attend any of the informal weekly drop in NAAFI Break which are based around a number of locations in the Sefton area, please see the location page for the location of the NAAFI breaks.
Our service includes:
- Smoothing the transition from military to civilian life.
- Increasing self-confidence and reducing social isolation.
- Early intervention with mental health issues.
- improving employment opportunities with training and skill building.
- Offering support and activities for the whole family.